((OOC: Alright... I'm in love with Leon Garcia de Asturias. We are now a definite COUPLE on MySpace, and we both love each other very much. *giggle*))___________________________________________________________________
Stephanie Summers looked up at the cloudy sky, smiling faintly at it as she bustled around the bazaar doing her shopping, a basket on her arm. Her dark brown locks flew out behind her as she made her way on, wind blowing in her face, dark blue skirt billowing out behind her. It's a beautiful day, she decided cheerfully. And one of the best things about today is that I'm meeting Leon later.....
___________________________________________________________________
Leon was waiting, leaning on a tree, wind blowing his unbound hair around his face. Dandelion had a thoughtful look, and it seemed that he was tired as well, seeing that he had dark circles around his eyes. Touching the pendant he always wore around his neck, Leon closed his eyes and prayed silently. Thank you, Lord, for giving me a second chance in life. My 1,000 year jail sentence has been reduced to 10 years with all I've been doing for Lady Catherina. My baby girl Carmen still loves me. And the most beautiful woman I've ever known has entered my life. Thank you for giving me another chance at love and at life.....
"Leon-san!"
I am extremely grateful, Lord... Amen. Leon finished his prayer and opened his eyes to see Stephanie making her way up the hill to his tree, a basket on her arm. She stopped, out of breath, and waved happily. "Leon-san!" A smile appeared on Leon's features, and a warm glow enveloped him as he fondly watched her coming towards him. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you today?"
Stephanie dropped her basket and hugged him, planting a kiss on his cheek. "I'm fine. And you?"
"Doing just great when you're around." Leon swept her up in his arms, turning her lightly. "Have you had dinner?"
Stephanie grinned and knelt, uncovering her basket. "I brought dinner for both of us. And don't tell me you've eaten. I cooked for once."
Leon laughed, joining her on the grass. "You wouldn't believe this, but Abel finished the food all again. So no, I haven't eaten, and I'm happy that I'm getting to taste your cooking today. What did you cook?"
"Salad.... chicken... and tarts." Stephanie brought out the food sheepishly. "I know it's an odd combination, but salad is the only thing I'm good at, the chicken was my first go, and I made the tarts yesterday. Um... yeah, tea as well."
Leon gazed at the food she spread out, then burst out laughing again. "You know what love, I don't even care if you brought a burnt ham and cheese sandwich. I'll just finish the lot."
Stephanie blushed slightly. "Thanks a lot, Leon. So, what happned all this time you were gone?"
And so, dinner went on with stories on how Abel got into trouble, how William's latest invention caused the Vatican's security to go ballistic, and how Solene was making Tres act more and more like a human. They watched the sun set together in perfect peace and content, Leon's head in Stephanie's lap. "You haven't been sleeping much, huh?"
"No, not really." Leon pressed her hand to his lips. "I've been getting night duty rather recently, and I just came back from Paris with Hugue. Maybe..." he grinned teasingly. "If my sweet angel sings, I might be able to take a nap...."
A gentle smile spread across Stephanie's face. "You asked for it."
___________________________________________________________________
(Japanese= bold
English translations= Itallic)
Haiiro no shikakui Sora no shita wo kyou mo (Again today, all of my dreams)
Arayuru yokubou ga Ume tsukusu (Bury everything under the square, grey sky)
Sono naka de hikari wo Mi ushinawazu mae wo (The reason I can face forward and walk among them without losing sight of the light)
Muite arukeru no wa Itsumo kimi ga (Is that you always tell me)
Kono machi no katasumi ni mo Kegare no mai (That in some corner of this city)
Mono ga no kotte iru koto Oshiete kureru kara (There are still things left that aren't smudged)
Stephanie felt the rapidly cooling wind on her cheeks as she softly sang to the setting sun, gently runing her fingers through Leon's hair. The man's eyes were closed and his breathing was slow and steady, showing that he had been lulled to sleep by her singing. One hand still grasped hers, but the grip was not as tight as it was. It was then that Stepahnie realized that he had came straight to see her after his mission to Paris, and hadn't rested at all yet.
Tsukare hateta karada de Nemuri ni tsuita kimi wo (I held my breath as I watched you)
Boku wa iki wo hisomete Mite ita (Fall asleep completely exhausted)
Sekaijuu de tada hitori Boku dake ga shitte iru (I am the only one in the whole world)
Muboubi de itoshii Yokogao (Who knows this vunerably precious profile)
Her fingertips gently brushed against his face, tracing the outline of his strong jaw, gazing closely at his serene face while he slept. You're completely exhausted, aren't you, Leon? I've never seen you fall asleep so fast.... She smiled. And I'm the only one who can see how peaceful you look while you're asleep.....
Atarime no you ni Hizashi ga furi sosogi (One normal day, with sunlight pouring in)
Yasashii kaze Yureta Aru hi no koto (And the gentle breeze swaying)
Boku no naka de nani ka ga Sotto tsuyoku (I felt on my own that something was certainly changing)
Tashika ni kawatte yuku no wa Hitori Kanjite ita (Softly, but strongly, inside of me...)
Eversince that night when Leon saved her from the vampire, Stephanie had felt something inside her change. For a long time, she had lived only to secure her own goal, but he had shown her that there was more to life than just working in a shop to earn her keep and dreaming about her future. Leon had brought her out into the world and shown her the better part of the sun, and how a breeze could drive away all the heat she hated so much. He had changed her slowly, from the inside, and it was begining to show.
Kanashiku nanka nai no ni Namida ga koboreta no wa (I wasn't sad at all, but the reason I brimmed with tears)
Kimi no omi ga itai kurai ni (Was that you had seeped through the scar in my heart)
Boku no mune no oku no Kizuato no shimi konde (And turned it into such a tenderness)
Yasashisa ni Kaete kureta kara (That it hurt to think of you)
How many times had it been that a smile would creep upon her lips at a mere thought of him, and stay there the whole day, cheering her up? Stephanie had been betrayed and played by another man before, and she still held a scar in her heart. But Leon's presence had changed all that, and he managed to heal her, to allow her to give him a chance to love her. Stephanie smiled as tears touched the corner of her eyes.
Hoshi no kimi ga fukai Kanashimi ni deattara (If you should happen to come across a deep sadness)
Boku ni mo Wakete kureru to ii na (I wish that you would share it with me)
Sono egao no tame nara Nan datte dekiru darou (I think I could do anything for your smile)
Boku no taisetsu na takaramono (My precious treasure)
I don't know why I'm crying, but I just feel like crying everytime you smile, Stephanie laughed silently, wiping away her tears with the back of her palm. Yes... your smile is what helps me through life.... Thank you, Leon... I love you....
Boku no tasisetsu na takaramono (My precious treasure)
___________________________________________________________________
Leon woke up to the silent sounds of the night, and stirred. "Stephanie...?" There was no answer, and when he looked up, he saw her bowed over him, head drooped and eyes closed. Leon smiled and softly got up to not startle her, and lowered her into a lying position on the ground. There they both curled up around each other and slept peacefully on through the night.....
No comments:
Post a Comment