A/N: Lol... went out for a spin and came back all hyped, so..... here it is, then.... Initial D fandom!
___________________________________________________________________
Snow was falling silently in small flakes outside the window, a signal that Winter had finally decided to reveal her stunning performance. In the warm kitchen, the tapping of a laptop's keyboard sounded soothing to the man busily typing up an assignment. As if sensing the snow's fall, Takahashi Ryosuke stopped and looked up at the window. The man was always associated with Winter, most probably because he was as cold as the season, but deep down, he had a totally warm personality, a personality only glimpsed by those who knew him well. "Well, well.... it's snowing." Ryosuke got up and walked over to the window, smilling faintly. "Any minute now..."
From the other end of the compund he was facing, there was a shriek of joy, and the sounds of mechanical instruments toppling over in someone's haste to get to the door. A few seconds later, (after all the clanging and banging), Akamatsu Arisa pushed up the door of the garage where all their cars were kept for the time being to keep them safe from the snow. The look on her face was one of excitement, and mischevious glee, that just added to the streak of grease across the bridge of her nose. Another second later, and his brother, Takahashi Keisuke, poked his blonde head out of the door, muttering something under his breath as he looked up at the sky with wondering blue eyes masked behind green lenses. Yet another moment and... "ANIKI!!! IT'S STARTED SNOWING!!!"
Ryosuke sighed, grabbing a coat and a scarf that had been hanging ready behind the door, prepared for the snow that had been threatening to fall for the past few days. "I hear you otouto," he called back as he joined them.
"Ryosuke!" Risa yelled gaily, waving a hand that still (miraculously) clutched a spanner. "It's started to snow!!! We can start the ice runs now!"
Ryosuke stopped right before her and tried rubbing the grease away with his thumb, but soon gave up when the oil decided to stay put. "You're pretty eager, Risa. I take it that the both of you are done with the Winter modifications?"
"Running a test check on them now, aniki," Keisuke said dutifully. "Well.... er, going to run a test.... Risa knocked oer some stuff when he saw that it had started snowing."
"Well, you KNOW I love snow, Kei.." Risa grinned and playfully pinched his ear. "I'm not called the Ice Princess of Tochigi for nothing, you know!"
Keisuke laughed. "Of course you are. And I'm the Yellow Lightning of Akagi that can kick your royal frozen ass anytime, Princess."
"And I'M the feared White Comet of Akagi." Ryosuke's voice, though filled with amusement, brought both racers back to earth with a hard thump, rapping them on their heads to remind them that their superior was standing right in front of them, and they shouldn't flaunt their skills in front of a more experienced racer. "I'm still superior to the both of you, if I remember correctly."
Risa smiled teasingly. "Certainly, Takahashi-sama. Would you like me to serve you your tea now?"
"In a maid's outfit, aniki?" Keisuke smirked as well.
Ryosuke faked a cough to show that he got the message as well. "If the both of you are done, take a run on Akagi tonight to test the touge. Risa, you're the expert on ice here, so you should be in your element."
Two confident smiles met his words. "Hai!"
___________________________________________________________________
A shappire blue Mazda Rx7 Spirit R's rotary engine hummed gently as the owner warmed the car up. Next to it, a yellow Mazda Enfini Rx7 FD3S revved it's engine loudly. "Keisuke..." Risa frowned lightly, annoyed. "You scared me. Don't do that."
Keisuke laughed. "Koi, I'm doing it to pull rank on you. I'm still better, see?"
"Hell no. Didn't you hear Ryosuke?" Risa argued. "This is my element. I'll thrash your butt tonight!"
"Sou desu ka?" A wicked gleam entered Keisuke's eye. "Well... how about a race, then? If I win, I get to do whatever I want to you tonight. If you win, you get to use my credit card for a week."
Risa's eyes narrowed as she accepted his challenge. "Fine, then. Takahashi Keisuke, prepare to lose all your money to me!"
"Ha ha ha! We'll see, princess....."
___________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment