A/N: Slight error while writing the last story but I'm too lazy to correct it. Leon does not know yet that Byakuya and Rukia are siblings in the early part of the story, but finds it out when Renji and Shuuhei tells him about it. He does suspect a bit, though. Rukia called Byakuya "Nii-Sama" in front of him before.
But anyway, I'm too lazy to correct, so here's another part of it.
Guess which anime the titles came from....
But this isn't a ByakuRuki fic. This is a IchiRukiHichi fic.
Mmm.... I smell a threesome..... *giggles insanely*
___________________________________________________________________
Leon's first week in the Sixth didn't turn out to be that enjoyable.
In fact, you could say that he hated every moment of it. Kuchiki Byakuya had walked in, taken one good look at him and the disdain in the noble's face was clear. He had immedieately launched into a long lecture about 'expectations', 'honor', 'rules' and all that jazz. Along the end, he had given Leon a freezing look and told him that he expected all work to be completed by the end of the day and handed down to his office.
It was toture. There were always mountains of paperwork to do, and Leon left the Division totally exhausted by the end of the day. But sometimes, he never got to rest. Renji would bring him to the Living World to purify Hollows, sometimes in the dead of the night, and leon often wondered how the fukutaichou could be so energetic thoughout the day. You could say that Leon never got a good rest unless it was the weekend.
But there were some advantages to it. Rukia often dropped by, and spent some time with Byakuya sometimes with Renji and sometimes with Ichigo. Unfortunately, there was a little bit of a problem.
There was a particular girl, Akamatsu Arisa, the 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, that came to see Byakuya each day. They were supposedly engaged, but Byakuya didn't want it, and Risa was compliant with whatever decision that was made for her. She seemed comtent with or without Byakuya, but she made it a habit to drop by and say hello each evening. The Elders were over their heads with the 28th Head of the Kuchiki clan, and the said taichou had made it very clear that he loved Rukia, and would NOT incline his head to thier wishes that he marry the Akamatsu heir.
Risa had simply shrugged, and after the Elders had left the 6th Division (they had thought that a public display would cow Byakuya into obeying their wishes, but if anything, he seemed to have gotten a stubborn streak from Rukia.), she did something extremely..... shocking.
The moment the last Elder had disappeared around the corner, she had lazily reclined in her chair and held up two "fingers" before she and Renji broke out into loud uncontrollable laughter, Byakuya and Leon's eyes as wide as saucers. Byakuya had looked questioningly at Risa, and the Akamatsu heir winked.
"How long have I known you, Byakuya? Each year the Clans meet, Yoruichi-san would always drag all of us to a private room to play poker. You should know me by now." She leaned forwards and flicked his forehead with a finger. "I'm the best actress in Sereitei. Only you and the old gang know the real me. Just like I know that your poker face is for show to the world. Inside is a man with afflicted emotions."
Throughout this exchange, Renji simply chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "Go, Risa..."
Byakuya looked a bit guilty. "Risa..."
"Daijoubu, daijoubu." Risa waved a hand. "I've loved you for a long time, Byakuya... but I've come to accept that you'll never love me, from the time you married Hisana. And now, it's Rukia." She glanced at the clock. "I gotta run. Jii-chan's having dinner with me today..."
Byakuya nodded. "Let me walk you to the door."
Risa grinned, then sobered and held herself tall, lifting her chin as she assumed her role as Lady Akamatsu. "It was a pleasure meeting you again, Lord Kuchiki. I look forwards to the next meeting tomorrow night."
"It was a pleasure to be in your company too, Lady Akamatsu," Byakuya said politely, sounding very much like the noble he was. "Tomorrow evening as usual."
But looking closer, Leon could see that they were sending each ther different messages with their eyes.
Are you sure Rukia's in love with you? Risa seemed to ask.
I don't know... Byakuya's gaze replied. I don't know, but I honestly hope so...
As the two left, Renji gave a sigh and shook his head. "Rukia, Rukia.... I hope she knows what she's doing..."
"What's wrong?" Leon asked.
Renji turned to look at him. "Don't you know? There's a rumour that's been going round. It seems that eventhough Kuchiki-taichou's in love with her, Rukia just sees him as a brother, and not a lover. She's going to break his heart if she doesn't catch the signals taichou has been giving her."
"So... Rukia's single?"
"You could put it that way." Renji grimaced. "Ah, too bad. I already have a different girlfriend. Once upon a time I would have taken this chance to ask Rukia to be my girl, but I find that my feelings have changed. I now see her as my very, very best friend." He grinned.
"Abarai.... I have something to ask..." Leon said hesitatingly. "Do you... Do you think you could ask Rukia to go out with me?"
"Dude!" Renji sounded shocked. "YOU have a crush on her?!"
"Well, not really a crush..." Leon admitted. "You remember that day we bumped into each other in Rukongai? I.. I felt that she was the girl for me. I love her, Renji. Really, I do."
"Whoa, man..." Renji looked speechless for certain. "You're in for a heartbreak. Take it from me, she's already broken my heart without doing anything, maybe Kuchiki-taichou's too.... you're gonna end up like us."
"I can't help it." Leon grasped him by the shoulders. "Please, Abarai! You have to ask her to meet me! She was... she was from my Living life. I used to date her."
Renji's eyes widened. "Leon.."
"Please... I love her. If I can, I want to right what I did wrong. I want to... I want to marry her!"
"Impossible."
Both men turned at the quiet, icy tone, and saw Kuchiki Byakuya glaring at them from the doorway, his hand gripping the hilt of his zanpakutoh tightly. "It's impossible for my sister, a noblewoman, to go out with the likes of you," he hissed through gritted teeth. Renji took a step back, never having seen Byakuya that angry before. Byakuya advanced further into the room and stared Leon straight in the face, his rieatsu compressing the air around them.
"I will not allow my sister to go out with you. Even if she doesn't love me, she will never be yours. She will marry Kurosaki Ichigo, not you, because that boy has constantly proven himself to be worthy of her while you-" His glare became even colder "-have done nothing yet to prove yourself worthy of becoming Rukia's husband. Therefore, even if she doesn't marry me, she will belong to Kurosaki Ichigo, never to be yours. I will never allow my sister to become yours."
His rieatsu intensified, forcing Leon down on his kness before Byakuya turned and strode out of there, leaving him gasping for breath. Renji shakily helped him up. "I've never seen Kuchiki-taichou so mad before... congratulations, man... you've just gained yourself one hell of an enemy... and like I told you, Rukia broke your heart without doing anything. Give it up... Go to the Living World for a break till taichou cools down a bit. I'll divide your paperwork among the other Shinigami."
With a final pat to his back, Renji left to find Byakuya. Leon stared at his hands, shaking.
Rukia.... would never be his. Byakuya had made that clear. But Renji had allowed him to go to the Living World, and Rukia.... was there. He could.... maybe.... visit her without Byakuya knowing.
And he had Renji to thank for that. The red-haired man had indirectly told him that he would cover up for him.
Taking a deep breath, Hara Leon started to get things in order.
(~Tsuzuki)
No comments:
Post a Comment