Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kuala Lumpur

A/N: The only way this is going to work is if I blast Paradise Lost by Chihara Minori out loud, or if I listen to m.o.v.e. all day long. >.<>.>

PS: I MISS MY VIOLIN! D: It's made in China! Rrrraagghhh!!! (meaning that I need new fine tuners, need a smaller, new bridge and need to replace the strings. Totally. Violin on maintenance. I miss it already. T___T)
____________________________________________________________________

Kuala Lumpur
Solene and Jade get caught in the traffic of KL, and a discussion comes up between two party animals. A few attractions at KL get summed up, mainly ghost hunting, but all in the span of a jam.
____________________________________________________________________

Kuala Lumpur
MazdaKitsune

HOOOONNNKKKK!!!!!

"Shit!" Solene D'Cruz swore and slammed hard on the brakes, causing her silver Mazda Miata MX-5 to jerk forwards, almost unseating the woman next to her. "Damn wannabe bikers and their superman action stunts! Why, I oughta fudgin'-"

"Chill, girl." Unsettled by the element of surprise, Jade Trinity leaned back in her seat, pressing a hand to her chest to calm her pounding heart. Closing her emerald eyes and letting out a deep breath, she then tossed her top-knot braid over her shoulder and aimed a sheepish smile at the other woman. "You gotta know that the drivers in KL are maniacs. You stress and we probably won't make it back home alive."

"Well, so much for dancing," Solene muttered as her heart and temper got back under control, glaring daggers at the road in front of her. "Hard day at work and all I wanted was something refreshing. Like a couple of drinks, a wild dance to de-stress..."

"And you get distressed by wannabe bikers and road-rage instead." Jade shrugged and reached out to turn on the radio, flipping channels until she reached a chinese one that was playing 'Sorry Sorry' from Super Junior, a popular Korean boy band. "See? I told you it was better to take the bus... or train."

Solene gave a snort and looked down at herself. "Right. Take a bus or train in these clothes. I'm surprised at you, Jade. I never knew you wanted to get me raped."

"Hey! I never... well... I wasn't thinking that, but... you have a valid point. Sorry."

"No offence taken, blondie."

"Hey!"

The girls had gotten together after a busy day just to unwind at Euphoria, a new club located at Sunway Pyramid, a Girl's Night Out or GNO, one would say. Just ye normal night with a few glasses of champagne and the occasional cocktail (Strawberry Daiquiri for Jade, Bloody Mary for Solene please), dancing to favourite songs, and of course, the must for every GNO, complaining and gossiping. Jade had pulled up her hair into a top-knot, braided ponytail and had donned a light blue halter dress that went down to her knees and would have looked pretty formal, if not for the long boots and other black coloured jewellery that screamed "ROCK!" at first glance. Heck, she had feather earrings on her left ear, the only ear that was pierced. Yet for all her eccentric tastes in clothes and stuff, there was something about her that managed to pull the look off nicely. Solene being a bit on the wild side, had decided to throw on a strapless gold and black chiffon dress that barely, just barely, brushed the top of her knees. To top things off, she had encased her feet in stilettos and left her hair tousled and untied. Needless to say, men had been approaching her all night, but she had turned them all away.

"Perhaps I need to tone down the dressing a bit," she voiced that unspoken thought out. "Or bring a spare share of clothes to change into before I go home."

"Who wants to lug around a huge bag when you're clubbing?" Jade made a face. "I say go with the toning down idea. You give people ideas, Sol. And you already have a boyfriend. Don't you think he'd get jealous?"

"Hey, Eiji knows I'm wild. He can't completely control me," Solene said with a little sniff. "And he likes me the way I am. Sides, I don't flirt with other men. You saw how I turned them all away."

"That I did." Jade leaned her head back and flipped channels again, this time stopping at an english station that played 'Love the Way You Lie' from Eminem and Rihanna. "Gosh, I'm tired. When are we getting home, I wonder."

"When we get out of this road, that's what." Solene's mood turned foul again as she was forced to stop, tapping her hand against the steering wheel. "God dammit, a jam. It's always a jam here and a jam there! What's it with this place?"

"Dunno, you wanna move out to Japan one day?" Jade muttered and tilted her head to the side as the sound of honking cars reached her ears. "Get used to it, Sol. You wanted to drive, this is what you get. I'm happier off with taking the train and such, screw getting squashed by millions of people crammed into one cabin and risking my purse or phone getting stolen."

"You're just too lazy to drive. The trains are ALWAYS late." Solene rolled her sky-blue eyes.

"At least I get to places faster than you. Late or not, the train doesn't get stuck in traffic jams."

"Only if it breaks down. Which, happens to you at least once a year."

"Screw it, let's change the topic." Jade sat up straight again and gave another yawn before reaching behind her to pull a small pillow towards her. Arms hugging the fluffy cotton-filled cloth, she turned to Solene, who was now impatiently tapping her fingers against her scalp, elbow placed on the edge of the window so she could lean her head in her hand. "What are you planning to do for the rest of the week?"

"Dunno." Solene shrugged. "Shop, I guess. And party like there's no tomorrow. There's so many clubs to go to in KL. Oasis, Mist Club in Bangsar, Euphoria, Zouk-"

"Ooh, haven't been to that one in ages!"

"-The Palace Club at Sheraton, really like that one. And other stuff." Solene went on as if Jade hadn't interrupted her, then grinned at her friend. "The night is young if you wish it to be, and when the moon is on it's cycle, I come out to play. What bout you? Any plans for the nights? Or free mornings?"

"Actually, I am. I'm going Ghost Hunting with my team." Jade stated a matter-of-factly and Solene groaned. "Not ghosts again! Really, you need to get a life. I honestly doubt anyone would like you for chasing after ghosts!"

"......"

"Oh right, Dante. I forgot. Carry on."

Slightly miffed but not dwelling on it, Jade continued. "Anyway, we've got a few places to go to already. Maybe some are restricted areas, but I bet we could get past it. After all, as hunters we gotta be ready to break the rules." A feral grin appeared here, and the blue-eyes girl shook her head at her friend. Jade had been notorious for breaking rules and helping the Queen Bee get past them in High School. Seems like it became some kind of adrenaline inducing action, but whatever floated her boat. "Okay, so like... there's about half a dozen places that we want to visit, so it might take the entire week or something, depends on how tired, how fast or how scared we are. We originally wanted to visit Pudu Jail, but it got torn down and I'm still mad at them for doing it when it's supposed to be a heritage and treasure trove for Ghost Hunters like us and I digress. Anyway, Pudu Jail is out, so we're not going there any longer."

"Jade, you talk too much." Solene sighed, but leaned back in her seat with a smile as she turned down the volume on the radio to hear her friend better. At least the ride wasn't going to be boring.

"I know right?" Jade grinned. "Remember the old Highland Towers? I don't really believe that there's any ghosts there, but a lot of people died, so there's bound to be lots of negative energy floating around. I mean, think about the last and dying thoughts of those poor people! If you died with unrest, I'm sure you'd come back or linger around to-"

"Next location."

"Right. Next location is the Cheras Polyclinic. I'm looking forwards to this one because other hunters and people claim to see Shadow People in there, and you know how lights can play tricks on ones' eyes, right? I want to either find evidence of a haunting, or totally debunk the situation."

"Didn't you say you had a brush with a Shadow Figure in your own house before?" Solene questioned curiously. "And that you got so freaked, you ran all the way downstairs? Now you're looking forwards to this?"

"Well yeah, it did freak me," Jade admitted. "But after thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt to see it again. And get freaked again. But I'm a masochist, so I can take the continual heart attacks. Moving on, your boyfriend's cousin Kenji suggested Genting Highlands, but I'm saving that for the weekend. Been hearing stories about that place for so long, since I was in Primary School, so I'm actually eager to check it out. The last time I went there, I was just a little tyke. Don't remember much of it, so it'll be a cool holiday. Want to come along?"

"If I can persuade Eiji and Kenji to. Wait, Kenji wouldn't mind, he likes adventures. But getting Eiji to budge, especially running around cluelessly on a Ghost Hunt... that might be hard." Solene chuckled. Don't forget Victoria's Institution and Tunku Hill. That's one of the most haunted places we have here in KL. I shudder to even think about going to Victoria's Institution at night."

"Yeah, they're on my list too, but I'm thinking about cutting Tunku Hill out." Jade nodded thoughtfully. "Cause well, it's a shadowy kinda place, and to wander around there even in groups can be dangerous. You might never know if it's a ghost or a robber lurking round behind the trees. Anyway, the story was that some kids on bikes died there, so their spirits haunt the place, but that one I don't believe much. Victoria's Institution is much, much nicer to go to. Makes up for losing Pudu Jail, I'd say." She gave a satisfied smile.

"For some reason, you're getting me interested in this." Solene shook her head and leaned forwards in her seat. "I might just tag along for the heck of it. Hey, check out the cause of this jam."

"Inconsiderate drivers as usual?" Jade rolled her eyes but complied, and winced. "Ah, okay. So I was partially right. An accident and the drivers slowing down to actually get out of their cars to watch and causing a jam. Ain't that the biker kid you almost ran into a while back?"

"Now that you mention it, yeah." Solene eyed the blood and the wrecked motorcycle before clucking her tongue sadly at the car that had ran into him. "Poor car."

"There's a teen bleeding to death on the road and all you can say is poor car?" Jade couldn't help but grin as Solene drove off, now free of the jam's confines.

"Dudette, it's a Nissan. A Nissan 350z Fairlady. Kid got what was coming to him, racing in and out of traffic and showing off with his stunts. Wasn't the car driver's fault, but the biker's. I pity the guy who has to re-do his paintwork and replaced that cracked screen."

"Kid's ghost might come back to haunt you if you keep saying that."

"I don't believe in ghosts." Solene grinned back at her. "And yet, I'm thinking of joining you in your hunts. Something must be wrong with me."

"I need extra hands monitoring equipment and so," Jade said innocently.

"You so owe me a shopping trip. We're going to Mid-valley Megamall tomorrow for clothes." Solene declared, stepping on the accelerator.

Jade stuck out her tongue. "You can hardly get a parking space there! Let's go to Time's Square instead."

"Anywhere but that. I won't be able to pull you away from the arcade." Solene shook her head. "What about Pavillion?"

"I don't have the money........" The emerald-eyed girl whined.

"You're impossible," Solene grouched. "One Utama."

Jade brightened. "Yes, please! We can go catch a movie too!"

"Fine, fine... whatever."
____________________________________________________________________

The Asian blond lounging on the couch while browsing through a magazine looked up as the door opened and Solene came in, looking tired but cheerful. "Hey, Sol. Welcome home. How was your night out?"

"Fine. Got scared half to death by a wannabe biker, caught in a jam, listened to Jade chatter, saw an accident, dropped her back home and finally came back myself. What bout you?" Solene kicked off her stilettos and went over to sit on the edge of the couch as Eiji Storm pushed himself up to press a kiss to her lips.

"Nothing much, ate Kenji's cooking, took a bath, then went through some mags." He shrugged. "Just the start of a good vacation. You got any plans for the week?"

"Actually, I do." Solene smiled innocently. "How would you like to experience the ghosts around Kuala Lumpur?"

~End(?)~
____________________________________________________________________

Inspiring songs:
IMITATION BLACK - Vocaloid (Kamui Gakupo, Kaito & Kagamine Len)
Paradise Lost - Chihara Minori
Dirty - Nightmare
Sorry Sorry - Super Junior
Love the Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna
CHANCE! - UVERworld
Rage Your Dream - m.o.v.e.
NightmaRe - SNoW

No comments: