A/N: >< RAGNAROKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! I WANNA PLAY RO!!!!! *Punches the poor unsuspecting wall* Dammit.. it's been so long since I last played RO, and I played it for a bit yesterday using my friends' computer... Anyway, because I now have RO firmly stored in my head.. it made me think of the times I had three years ago, when I was a mere Swordswoman falling in love with a certain Magician, striving to be a Crusader...
Sigh.... I miss Densuke sometimes. That reminds me, I gotta finish up my Ragnarok story...
___________________________________________________________________
The shuffling sound of feet and the heavy breathing of a woman was heard within the dimness of the dungeon. Amenthyst eyes flashed, a fire burning within them as she twisted, searching for her unseen foe, her long blonde hair swishing behind her. "Dammit... this isn't good, Ichigo."
The red-haired Priestess turned to look at the Crusadress out of the corner of her eye. "It was a mistake to come to Glast Heim. The whole place is teeming with monsters. I wouldn't be surprised to find a Baphomet come charging out at us the next minute."
"I'll protect you, Ichi." A Knight said. "I'll kill that Baphomet single handedly if it tries to do anything to you."
"Says you, Chaos." The blonde Crusader shot at him. "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be facing this Kinght of Abyss now."
"Excuse me?" Chaos glared. "If it wasn't for your overbearingly loud voice, Ririn, the Knight of Abyss wouldn't have found us when I told us to hide!"
"Yeah, right! Who came running back to us in the first place, giving away our location?!"
"Oh, shut up, you guys..." A brown haired Wizard muttered. "Let's not fight when we have a situation at hand, shall we?"
Ririn was about to counter, but her sharp hearing picked up a faint ghostly whinny. "He's coming back for another round at us. Get ready." Her Grand Peco tossed it's head nervously and she reined it in to control her mount. Next to her, Chaos's Peco Peco backed up, causing the Knight to grumble. "Our mounts aren't as calm as us, Rin. We have to fight on foot."
"Dammit." Ririn let loose another curse, but didn't think twice as she swung her leg over her mount, landing with a soft thump. Her Grand Peco, immensely relieved at being free, bolted out, followed by Chaos's Peco Peco. "If anything happens, you'll answer to the Prontera Chilvary for this, Chaos."
"Fine by me."
"Here he comes!" Ichigo suddenly said, hearing the sound of galloping hooves. As one, they immedieately tensed and clutched their weapons. "Kyrie Eleison!" A shimmering barrier appeared around them, deflecting a black spear that had appeared out of nowhere.
"Brandish Spear..." Chaos murmured as he shifted his grip on his sword, ready to attack. "Back me up!"
"Here goes!" Ririn crowed. Both Crusader and Knight leapt at the Knight of Abyss, ready to take it down.
"Pierce!" Chaos's blade moved in a series of repeated attacks, dealing damage after damage to the monster.
"Holy Cross!" A huge glowing cross appeared in front of Ririn, and the Holy Elemental attack dealt a huge damage to the Dark Elemental creature that had attacked them. An unearthly scream came from the monster, it's horse reeling on it's hooves. A black mist began surrounding them, and Ichigo regconized the attack.
"Guys, it's going for a Darkness Attack!"
"I'm on it." Densuke, who had been silent all this while, was standing in a glowing circle of light, eyes closed and a look of pure concentration on his face. Now he opened them and lifted a hand, shouting out a command. "Meteor Storm!"
Red meteors appeared around him, glowing menacingly as they hurled themselves at the Kinght of Abyss, Ririn and Chaos leaping clear just in time. Ririn turned her head slightly. "Ichigo! I need a bit of help for my casting!"
Ichigo closed her eyes, a soft light infusing around her as she lifted her palms, pointing them at Ririn as she landed. "Suffragium!"
Instantly, the Crusadress felt the strengthening effects of the Spell, and as the Knight of Abyss flailed among the Meteors, she rammed her Holy Guard down on the ground and dropped to a knee. "GRAND CROSS!"
A glowing cross appeared around her with Ririn in the center and the Knight of Abyss at the longest point of the cross. The monster roared in pain as the air around it began to sizzle with electricity, but Ririn didn't go unaffected as well. Her health was draining from her at a alarming rate as she used herself to deal a heavy attack to the creature.
"Ririn!" Densuke shouted. "Ichigo, I-"
"She can make it on her own." Ichigo assured him. "Her dexterity is high. But if you insist. Suffragium!"
Densuke smiled his thanks as he turned to cast a spell without chanting. "Lord of Vermillion!"
The area around the Knight of Abyss exploded, finally killing the monster. Ririn crouched behind her shield to protect herself from the debris while Ichigo cast a safety wall around herself and Densuke. Chaos however, got blown back.
"That was.... amazing." Ririn chuckled weakly as she got up and fished around in her pouch for a Blue Potion to replenish her health. Chaos groaned at the opposite side of the room. Densuke helped his fiance up and hugged her. "You know I don't like it when you use yourself to deal the attack."
"I'm a Crusadress, Den," Ririn replied simply. "We exist to protect. And I'd give my life just for you, just to see you safe.
"I know... but it pains me to see you hurt." Densuke's smile grew.
Ririn laughed softly, and placed a hand over his chest. "Heal." A light appeared around them for an instant and vanished, healing him of any injuries. "Come on. Let's get out of here. After facing that monster, I don't think I want to return to Glast Heim for a long, long time. I'd so much prefer to go to Payon... or Umbala... or Amatsu.. yeah, Amatasu sounds nice. We could use a break."
Still rambling to herself, Ririn turned and joined Ichigo, who was tending to a grumbling Chaos. Densuke gazed at her amored form, knowing that beneath all those layers of metal and cloth was a woman slim and fragile, with soft skin and a rosary nestled between her breasts, but with an Iron will and a Fiery spirit.
This was the woman he loved, from the first time they met in the Zombie Caves as a Magician and Swordswoman in Payon, till now. Form the first time he had met her, he knew she was the one.
Yes, she was the one.
And he didn't have to choose another.
No comments:
Post a Comment