Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lay Me Down To Rest

Tell me what is wrong with me
And lay me down to rest
I can't keep my eyes open any longer
I'm slipping away

Words don't come to me
No longer
Writing this poem
I need you here beside me

The touch of your hand on my face
Your hot lips tasting mine
The comfort I feel, being wrapped in your arms
Listening to your heart beat as I fall asleep

It's wrong
The shadows surround me
But nii-sama, I love you
And I know you do too

I'm falling asleep, nii-sama...
I'm falling asleep
I'm scared
I need you next to me

It hurts to be alone
It hurts to wait alone
Yet I'm happy
Just to read your words

Kill me, nii-sama
Put an end to this pain
Hold me close and kiss me
Then shut my eyes and pray

My eyes are closing
I can't hold them open for long
Voices sink to a whisper
As I go back to my sleep

Against you
Listening to the lullaby
Of your heart beating
And your warmth protecting

Me
Your sleeping beauty

~Rukia~

No comments: